Volunteers Involved for the Emotional Well-being of Seniors (VIEWS) is a program of Cascadia’s Older Adult Outpatient Services.
The program aims to promote the emotional well-being of seniors through peer counseling and social engagement. To create discussion amongst various subjects like “Conversations on Aging”, weekly group support meetings provide emotional support, unconditional listening, and sharing of experiences at no cost to the participants.
To access Cascadia’s VIEWS services including scheduling a “Conversations on Aging” presentation at your facility, to volunteer, or for more information about the program please contact VIEWS Program Manager: 503-261-6181 or email us.
Peer Support Groups are intimate and closed groups that review a range of subjects. Peer Support Groups help participants develop connections with one another:
- Peer Support Groups happen weekly at same location
- 5-8 participants with screened participants*
- Meetings are confidential and occur in a safe and supportive environment where members can talk about life’s challenges, changes, losses and successes.
- Sessions facilitated by trained senior peer counseling VIEWS volunteers that are older adults (age 55+)
*Prospective members are interviewed to ensure a good dynamic to the intimate group and are asked to make a weekly attendance commitment to the support groups.
Conversations on Aging is an outlet where older adults come together and discuss their feelings and experiences relative to specific topics about aging. VIEWS’ Conversation on Aging discussion groups are:
- A place where participants have an opportunity to talk about their feelings can be heard by others.
- Meetings are held in a private room and discussions are confidential
- Sessions facilitated by trained senior peer counseling VIEWS volunteers that are older adults (age 55+).
- 90 minute sessions and are most effective for groups of 5-10 participants. Upcoming Conversations on Aging groups are hosted at various venues and are advertised monthly in local and senior-focused publications.
*If you are unable to travel, an individual peer counselor may be available to come to your home.
|January 1, 2018||January 2, 2018||January 3, 2018||January 4, 2018||January 5, 2018||January 6, 2018||January 7, 2018|
|January 8, 2018||January 9, 2018||January 10, 2018||January 11, 2018||January 12, 2018||January 13, 2018||January 14, 2018|
|January 15, 2018||January 16, 2018||January 17, 2018||January 18, 2018||January 19, 2018||January 20, 2018||January 21, 2018|
|January 22, 2018||January 23, 2018||January 24, 2018||January 25, 2018||January 26, 2018||January 27, 2018||January 28, 2018|
|January 29, 2018||January 30, 2018||January 31, 2018||February 1, 2018||February 2, 2018||February 3, 2018||February 4, 2018|