Volunteers Involved for the Emotional Well-being of Seniors (VIEWS)
The VIEWS program promotes the emotional well-being of seniors through peer counseling and social engagement. Weekly peer support groups and the Conversations on Aging provide emotional support, unconditional listening, and sharing of experiences at no cost to the participants.
Peer Support Groups are small closed groups that allow the participants to freely discuss topics that meet their needs. Peer Support Groups help to reduce isolation and while building community for the participants.
- Peer Support Groups are held weekly at the same location
- 5-8 screened participants *
- Meetings are confidential and occur in a safe and supportive environment where members can talk about life’s challenges, changes, losses and successes.
- Include our Gay and Grey group, a mixed gender support group for LGBT older adults.
- Sessions facilitated by trained VIEWS senior peer counseling volunteers that are older adults (age 55+)
*Prospective members are interviewed to ensure a good fit and are asked to make a weekly commitment to the support groups.
Conversations on Aging provide an opportunity for older adults to come together and discuss their feelings and experiences on specific topis of aging. VIEWS’ Conversation on Aging discussion groups are:
- A place for participants to share their feelings and listen to others.
- Confidential discussions that are held in a private room.
- Facilitated by trained VIEWS Conversation Facilitator volunteers that are older adults (age 55+).
- 90-minute sessions that are most effective for groups of 8-10 participants. Conversations on Aging groups are hosted at various venues and are advertised in local and senior-focused publications, Senior Center newsletters and on the Calendar on the VIEWS website.
*If you are unable to travel, an individual peer counselor may be available to come to your home.
VIEWS volunteers are a vital force in the community, assisting other older adults and providing a model for healthy aging. VIEWS provides its services in Multnomah and Clackamas Counties.
We have two volunteer opportunities:
If you have any further questions, please contact the VIEWS Program Manager, at 503-261-6181 or email email@example.com.
Click the button below to access the online application for volunteer opportunities.
Conversation on Aging Discussion Topics
VIEWS offers FREE facilitated Discussion Groups on topics important to people 60 years and above. The interactive Conversations provide a forum for discussion as well as an opportunity to explore new possibilities and resources.
To access Cascadia’s VIEWS services including joining a support group, scheduling a “Conversation on Aging” presentation at your facility, to volunteer, or for more information about the program please contact VIEWS Program Manager: 503-261-6181.