Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare’s Supported Employment program offers a new path for our clients — a path of independence, hope, and recovery. The support of an employment specialist can help give clients the confidence they need to move forward and create meaningful long-lasting change toward financial freedom. The work our Supported Employment team accomplishes is an important component to building a stronger community and supporting the whole lives of our clients.
Our Supported Employment Program is based on the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model, a nationally known, evidence-based practice backed by substantial research validating its success.
Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model focuses on:
- Individual strengths, skills and abilities
- Promoting individual recovery and wellness
- Personalized and long-lasting services for long-lasting employee success.
Cascadia Employment Specialists provide personalized support throughout the job process — including the search, application, hiring processes, and transition (such as promotion and transfer).
Benefits of being a business partner
Partnering with Cascadia’s Supported Employment program can reduce business costs and decrease employee turnover:
- Placements are personalized to find the right match for your job.
- Applicants are pre-screened to meet your company’s needs.
- Hiring individuals with disabilities enhances the diversity of your workforce.
- Save your company time and money by reducing advertising and recruitment costs.
- Employees receive positive ongoing coaching with each hire, lowering workforce turnover rates.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit: a federal tax credit available to employers. Can reduce federal income tax liability by as much as $9,600 per employee.
- No cost to the employer.
- Partnering also brings positive change to our community, providing opportunity, income, and self-sufficiency to our participants.
- A no-cost placement service helping companies find motivated, dependable, qualified employees.
We learn about your company’s unique needs and culture. Then, we identify skilled and qualified applicants who align with those needs.
Cascadia’s Supported Employment Program helps businesses by offering free comprehensive services that include job placement, job training, on-site job coaching, and on-going support to your new hire (and their supervisor) throughout employment
Let Cascadia help you find your next employee
- Contact us to learn more about the program and becoming a partner.
- Meet with an Employment Specialist to discuss how the program can meet your specific business needs.
- Give an informational interview/site tour to help a potential employee get a better understanding of the work environment.
- Spread the word. Tell your business contact and network circles. We are open to partner with Oregon businesses that could benefit from this free service.
- Join our steering committee. Assist in developing strategies to meet the business community’s needs.
- Develop an apprenticeship/internship. Provide an opportunity for a candidate to gain the skills needed to work in your industry.